Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Justin almost burned us down

Every night Justin reads for about an hour before he goes to bed. He has a lamp on his top bunk. well last night he said he turned it off but some how it was on all night. It just has a toggle switch so I guess he could have hit it.
It burned through his sheet and into the matress

Any way as you can see it melted the lens from the lamp to his fleece blanket

here is the the lamp.


All I can say is thank you to God who kept us safe I know that the bed could have just as easily caught up in flames. It smelled of smoke and he slept right through. He woke up at his regular time and didn't even know he had been saved by his Jesus

1 comment:

Mark and Tammy said...

FREAKY I can't believe that- I am so glad nothing else happened, especially since it was right there in his room. That is something to think about for sure. I just have night lights in the girl's rooms but I am sure those would be hard to read by. I am soOOOOOO glad everything is alright and we are happy to have you still here Justin