Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Small Corner Fountain

All the prep.  the fountain and rocks were done earlier this year. now we are adding a frame and some moss and grass and then behind that a pallet garden for strawberries and peppers.

Justin was using some of the power tools.  This is a family project for hi sFamily Merit badge. 

Proof I actually was down in there getting my hands dirty.  I am not the best at growing things but I would like to be.

Justin and I worked hard at separating the moss grass into little mounds.

so here it is.  We had to put mesh around the strawberries because we have little bunnies in our yard.

A close up.  I hate to do to much more as I will not live here forever and I cant's take it with us.  The stepping stones were made which Grandma Cathy,  and quite a few of the cool looking rocks are from our many hiking collections.
We are not natural gardeners, actually we usually kill most things.  So we will just have to see.  We planted strawberries, peppers, and tomatoes, maybe some of them  will grow and we will be able to eat some of this great food.  

No comments: