Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In The Navy Now

Buck had to go out to sea this Last week.  I told him if he didn't pose now I would make him pose in front of the ship.  It has been awhile since he has left and I must say it is hard re adjusting to the thought of him being gone.  He hasn't been out for a long deployment since we lived in Hawaii.  that would make it like 6 or more years ago.  Now don't get me wrong he has been away quite a bit but I  think the longest at one time might have been two months up in Fallon Nevada.  He has  traveld to Hawaii, Utah, texas,  Florida, New York, Maryland, Colorado, Nevada,  and Japan.  He spent   plenty of time off the coast here at San Clemente island.  But most of those were 2-4 weeks at a time.
He IS on a deployment schedule that is sneaking up on us way to quickly.   He will leave in June sometime to go to Hawaii and then Fallon he won't be back to till some time in Sept.  then his actual cruise should occur sometime at the end of December.  This part of the deployment is so scheduled as to be about 9 months.  At this time he might not do the whole thing because he should be transferring to a new squadron.  But we will see.  Now all that said, of course it could change by the time I publish this post.

After I took Buck to the boat,  We went to the beach.  It was Tammy and Marks last day.  While sitting at the ocean Buck texted me and said they were at the point of the bay.  We war e able to watch his ship pull out into the ocean.  I have to say this was a first and really cool.

Cody, Ambria, and Sage playing in the sand with Buck's boat for the week in the background.
This was a small boat,  Buck will be doing his actually cruise on a Aircraft Carrier.  

No comments: