Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Our August Yosemite Camping TripThe

I know that I am behind so I just wanted to put these  pictures up from our trip in Aug.  We had such a great time together.

The boys  found this very old looking hatchet while they were out running around in the woods.

Busk made these yummy pizzas in the Dutch oven.  This was the first time we did this  and it was so good.

Wow, oh, wow,  we went on a awesome hike, well after the first 3/4 of a mile when we were not climbing straight up.  Cody and I had quite a hard time.  It didn't help that we were at like 8000 feet elevation.

Buck and Justin made it all the way to the top of this dome.  I think it was Lembert dome.  at 9000  something feet.
I love this man and his quest for adventure, I love that he wants to be in nature and hang out with his family.

While Buck and Justin made it to the top of the dome Cody and I took a seat and made lunch.  

our camp didn't have water so we had to purify some from the lake.  

we hung out at this lake for the day. It was a blast. we went on a 2 mile or so flat hike that we could all handle.

We found our own private beach and played 5 crowns and had a picnic.

Cody and I decided to do a little bathing.  This was Saturday and we hadn't had a shower or bath since Wednesday.

This is our friend the marmot.  He and his partner lived right where we could  watch them sun bathe and run around.

we took it pretty easy and relaxed and played lots of games.  Catan might not be the best camp game but hey we haven't had time at home and we knew we would have some extra time while we were camping. It was lots of fun.
I love camping with my family so much. I hope that these are the great family time my children will remember for a lifetime.

No comments: