Monday, March 7, 2011

Some Scout Activities

To say we are involved in Scouts is an understatement. Buck is a Assistant Boy Scout Master, and an Assistant cub Scout Master and the Co-WeBeLos leader. I am the WeBeLos leader and attend all things required of me like committee meetings, parent meetings and the such.
so here a couple things we have done lately
Buck took Justin and Kendin on a 20 mile hike. They missed the troop hike so had to make it up for their Hiking Merit badge.

The Hiking Merit badge requires five 10 mile hikes and a 20 mile hike. It was quite the adventure we left the house at 5:45 A.M I got to go to just for the driving part. I dropped them off at the mexico border and then they hiked 20 miles and met Cody and I at Lake Morena.

We had fun reading and playing and picnicking.

TheCub Scout BLue and Gold Dinner and awards. I thought Buck ditched me but I guess he was taking pictures
The next morning Buck and Justin went to Idlewild (thats where we camp when Buck does the 24 hour bike ride) This was the Klondike Derby the had all kinds of competitions. This was the fire starting one Justin rocked at it. the troop also one best spirit and a couple other things.
They actually had snow fall all day on sat. so it was a great success.

but very, very cold. luckily they did have cabins, not that they were super heated but at least some heat.

No comments: