Saturday, December 15, 2012

Times Like This


As some you might know, there was a Helicopter crash in my husbands  squadron on Wednesday.   Though he was not in the aircraft this has been a really rough week.  All four crew members are alive, but beat up pretty good.  One of the air-crewmen  is a pretty close family friend, we have know him for around 18 years.  This has been hard on the whole squadron. They are still in the process of getting ready to leave in just about a month and have to get right back at it.  They will have to start flying again onTuesday.  Buck being in a leadership position volunteered to be in the first flight back up,
I know he has flights all the time and I am not worried.  I am blessed in his ability to show those around him that we have to keep going.  

I  have just been thinking so much about the little things.  Buck almost always washes his  own flight suits, because these are the things that I pull out when I get ready to wash them.  They have lots of pockets

Check out that 4000 hour patch.  He received that in June and has put may more hours on his card since then.   He was super proud that morning that he got to wear it to work. 

This is the door on the ship.

The helo 

I am so proud of Buck for his service. Danger is everywhere Buck adds to his chances of accident by flying in a helicopter, but we wouldn't change his job for anything.  He loves it, and I love him.  I will say this whole situation has made me think of life and death and how it can happen to anyone at anytime.  At church we have been talking of end times and it has really hit home.  Are you right with God? Because we don't know when it is our time to go.

No comments: