Wednesday, July 25, 2012

While Buck is on Rim Pack


So far while Buck has been away at Rim Pack (he left June 17th and will be back Aug 1st),
we have kept quite busy.
So we had to get some pre prerequites done for scout camp.  Justin need to prepare a personal emergency kit.
A GO BAG.




This might be the thing that has taken up most of my time and  effort with out Buck around do have them do it right.  I broken valve in the shower (on the other side of that wall)  lead to a huge leak soaking the wall and the carpet.  never the less about 3 weeks later after multiple visits by housing it is finally all taken care of It is not a job well done by my point of view.  but at least new sheetrock and under padding for the carpet were fixed and now at least I am comfortable enough that mold will not be a problem,  


I actually made this a craft, wow.  About an hour before I took Buck to the Squadron I said hey can you cut theses blocks for me.  After that it was all me.  I even had to go to the store to pick up some things. (I hate going to the store) I think it turned out pretty good for a first try.


Of course there have been many fun beach days.

One morning I sat down to some breakfast and looked out the window to find this hawk just chilling on the fence post. I guess the nest is not far away on a telephone pole near the bay.

One Saturday I worked very hard in the garage and Found the floor and most of the work space.  There is still some work to do but man I put a huge dent in it. 

This is Boy Scout camp packing in progress.   They left on July 22 at 4:30 A.M. to Camp Oljato in Northern California. They will be back On Saturday evening the 28th. This is Cody's first Boy Scout Camp.  This is also the first time that Buck was not able to go.  This is Justin's third year so I know Cody is in good hands.  Justin is a great mentor to the younger kids and does not tolerate unkindness to others so I know the little ones are safe.
This week has been very strange I don't think I have been totally on my own this long, like forever.

We have a great  amount of jalapeƱo's  ripen and very few strawberries,  but all in all it is fun to bring in some of our own produce.

Once again trying something new.  This was fun and very yummy.  I started a Aircrew  spouse group for  the deployment we are working up to for the next year of our lives.  We had our first get together On Sunday July 22nd.
Lots of girls were out of town taking advantage of summer and deployed husbands so we only had 5 girls out of 13 showed.  We still had a great time and were able to get to know each other n a small group. 






1 comment:

Whitni Watkins said...

Thats awesome you started that group. You guys will become great friends. I like your craft and the treat in the last picture looks delicious!